St. Jude Thaddeus Catholic Church since 1887
St. Jude Thaddeus Catholic Church had its earliest beginnings in the missionary labors of pioneer Jesuits. Mass was offered for the first time in Havre by Father Monroe on an improvised altar in a Great Northern Railway section house in 1887.
Our Church History
St. Jude Thaddeus Catholic Church was built in 1894 and later destroyed in the 1898 tornado that struck Havre. The new church was finished in 1900. St. Jude Thaddeus Church became a parish with a resident priest in July of 1903, after the people of Havre petitioned Bishop Brondel. As the town continued to grow a more central location for the church became necessary. On September 11, 1914, the current property was purchased. Hill County purchased the former church property for the County Courthouse. During the summer of 1916, Mass was held in the historical portion of the St. Jude Thaddeus school building. The current church was built in 1924 in the Spanish mission style.
Give to the Church
Support your local church by offering the gift of a donation to help fund maintenance to our building, events, and our members. Every little bit helps keep the church thriving.
Get more involved by joining one of the Catholic councils. We have organizations available for members that represent both local and worldwide interests on behalf of the church.
Our Mission & Vision
We, the people of St. Jude Thaddeus Parish, are called and challenged to nurture, support and minister to strangers and to each other, and to celebrate our unity while acknowledging our differences. We will strive to become visible signs of Jesus in our community.
From Our Reverend
“Join us for a service. We look forward to meeting you.”
Church Service Times
Weekend Mass Times
Saturday Vigil Mass 5:00 pm
Sunday Mass 9:30 am
Daily Mass Times:
Tuesday – Friday 7:15 am
*During the School Year, Wednesday 9:00 am
4:00 pm Saturdays or by appointment
Contact the parish office regarding the celebration of other Sacraments
Catholic Councils & Groups
Get involved by joining one of our councils or groups.
The pastoral council consists of members from the parish community and representatives from the parish service groups. The pastoral council generally meets monthly, with exception of the summer months, depending upon parish activities. New members are typically added based on the completion of terms (3 year terms, renewable once). Vacancies are usually filled over the summer months in preparation for the upcoming school year. If you are interested in serving on the pastoral council, please contact the parish office. New members are filled either by service groups that are active in the parish or by a random drawing.
Parish Finance Council
The parish finance council is chosen by the pastor with one member acting as a liaison from the pastoral council. Members on the finance council usually meet quarterly. If you are interested in serving on the finance council, please contact the parish office.
Parish Council of Catholic Women (PCCW)
The Parish Council of Catholic Women (PCCW) is comprised of women from the parish who are interested in serving our parish community. Some of the activities of the PCCW include: The Harvest Dinner, Christmas Bazaar and funeral luncheons, etc. For more information, please contact the parish office.
Catholic Daughters of the Americas
The Catholic Daughters of the Americas is one of the oldest and largest organizations of Catholic women in the Americas. They donate to charities, administer scholarship programs and strive “to be helping hands where there is pain, poverty, sorrow or sickness.” The CDA motto is “Unity and Charity.” The CDA was formed over 100 years ago and today numbers 75,000 dues-paying members in 1,250 courts (local chapters) in 45 states across the country, and in Puerto Rico, Mexico, Guam, and the Virgin Islands. Catholic Daughter women enjoy each other’s company at meetings and work hard for their parishes and communities. The program includes concerns of today’s church and society as well as issues that affect the well-being of women and children.
Knights of Columbus
The Knights of Columbus is a separate organization that greatly supports parish activities, as well as having a worldwide organizational presence that also supports the activities of the Holy Father. The Knights of Columbus has grown from several members in one council to more than 14,000 councils and 1.8 million members throughout the United States, Canada, the Philippines, Mexico, Poland, the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Panama, the Bahamas, the Virgin Islands, Cuba, Guatemala, Guam, Saipan, Lithuania, Ukraine, and South Korea. On a parish level the Knights of Columbus run one of the fair booths, host an altar server party, they host a fish fry twice during Lent, parish breakfasts and many other activities.
Secular Order of Franciscans
St. Francis welcomed a married couple, Luchesio and Buonadonna, into the Franciscan movement and wrote a rule from which they could draw inspiration and order for the Franciscan life. They were called Brothers and Sisters of Penance and lay Catholics for nearly 800 years have made a life commitment and become members of what is called the Secular Franciscan Order (\’secular\’ meaning that we are embedded in world\’). There are some 15,000 Catholic Secular Franciscans in the US, and about 400,000 around the world.
440 7TH AVENUE
HAVRE, MT 59501